01 Eylül 2026

Announcement:

The editorial pause is over: the booklet has become a book

A Soviet anti-alcohol propaganda poster from the 1920s: “Fight against samogon!”
I have now completed the first draft of my study on Stalinism and alcoholism in the Soviet Union. At the outset, my intention was to bring together the articles published on the blog in a small booklet. But as the work progressed, new chapters, sources, footnotes and appendices were added, and the text gradually expanded. The result is a book-length study that can no longer reasonably be described as a “booklet”.

I have begun sending this first draft to friends with whom I have been in contact for some time, to hear their views, criticisms and suggestions. At the same time, I am continuing to work on the text myself. So over the coming period I shall be making some changes to the draft, although I do not expect them to be very extensive. I may, of course, also need to revisit certain sections in light of the comments and suggestions I receive.

While writing and revising this study, the time I was able to devote to the blog inevitably became very limited. What I had initially expected to be a brief editorial pause turned out to last far longer than I had anticipated. That pause has now come to an end.

I shall now return to publishing more regularly on the blog.

See also:

A brief editorial pause

After an editorial pause that lasted longer than I had expected

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder